- 1. The Slad Brook from its source to its confluence with the River Frome in Stroud (10 kms); meet at 2 pm at Bulls Cross.
- 2. ‘As We Walk Out’: from Slad to Southampton (approx.. 160 kms); 10th – 17thMay; time and meeting place tbc; invited walkers, artists, writers.
- 3. Wotton-under-Edge: Thomas Duncombe International Brigade Memorial Walk; 17th May, meet at noon at the St. Mary’s Church (10kms).
- 4. From Slad to Whiteway Colony (10 kms); 7th June, meet around 11.30 – 12 at the Woolpack; refreshments on arrival at Whiteway and then a performance of No Pasaran!
- 5. Slad family walk, 29th June (5 kms); meet at the Woolpack, time tbc.
- 6. ‘Crossing the Border’: Spanish Civil War Pyrenees walk, Ceret to La Agullana (36kms), 24th-25th July, meet 8.30, invited walkers, artists, writers etc.
- 7. From Purgatory to Paradise: 11kms, 2nd November, meet at 10 am at Knapp House Barn, Slad.
Go to http://www.walkingtheland.org.uk/ to book a place on any of these walks; scroll down until you see the Laurie Lee logo and details as to how to book are there. You need to follow the procedure there, I’m afraid; we have to be formal so that we stick to tolerable numbers for the walks.